Each Extendware Magento extension package is provided with the extension files, installation & setup guides, and a license agreement. Some extensions include import file examples as well.
Before installing any extension, please create a backup of the root folder of the Magento website and of the database and set your Magento instance into maintenance mode.
Extendware extensions are quite easy to install. To install extensions, you need Magento Admin and FTP od SSH access details. If you use code complication, disable it before an extension installation.
Please follow these simple steps to install the extension:
- Unpack the .zip file you’ve downloaded.
- Connect to the server where the website source folder is located with FTP/SFTP/SSH client (WinSCP, Filezilla, Cyberduck, etc).
- Upload all files from the "Step 1" and then from the "Step 2" folders to the root folder of your Magento website using ‘Merge’ upload mode. This way your FTP/SFTP client will only add new files.
- Clear the cache.
- Log out and then log in to the Admin Panel, so Magento can refresh permissions.
- Optional: Enable the compilation. As soon as the extension has been successfully installed, please click the "Run Compilation Process" button in Admin > System > Tools > Compilation to recompile.