Full Page Cache requires a few steps to verify it is working.
These are the most common solutions to issues we see.
Solution #1: Alter your Magento configuration
- Go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Page Cache -> Configure -> Developer -> General
- Enable the “Footer Widget”
- This will put a black bar on the bottom of the store so you can see if it is loaded from cache or not.
- Clear browser cookies and go to the home page.
- Refresh your home page.
- Verify is says “level: primary” or “level: lightening”.
Note : Not sure what Lightening Cache is? Learn more about it here.
Solution #2: Run a pagespeed test on your Magento Shop
- Go to http://www.webpagetest.org/ and click Advanced Settings
- Set the Connection to Fios.
- Set it to “First View and Repeat View”
- Set the Number of Tests to 3. (Generally set the location to Dulles, VA because those servers usually don’t delay the tests.)
- Run the test and and look at the First Byte Time.
- Then, go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Page Cache -> Configure and disable the page cache.
- Re-run the test and verify you see a difference in First Byte Time.